Donate Your Time
We now have openings for new volunteers! Please read the following information and register! We hope to see you here!
We are always in need of new faces to volunteer at our center! We have fun working and improving others lives! No experience is necessary, you will receive all the training you need at our center. Our volunteers refurbish donated computers to get them ready for use by blind and low vision clients. This is a great experience to learn a bit about computers and how they work. We are open Monday-Thursday and Saturday.
As a volunteer, you will be taught all the steps needed to set a computer up and get all the specialized software running for our clients.
The tasks may include:
- Checking in/verifying donations to be built for clients
- Maintaining/managing inventory
- Wiping donated hard drives clean
- Imaging hard drives with our customized setup
- Cleaning the internals of the computer
- Replacing the hard drive, memory and other internals of the computer
- Setting up system options and software for the client
- Repairing returned problem systems
Apart from working in our center, we also have other areas of need for volunteer service.
- Marketing, Social Media, Public Relations and Communications backgrounds
- Strong corporate Information Technology contacts
- Experience in finding and working with donors to get equipment
- Board Leadership in a Not-for-Profit environment
What to Do
Volunteers: Please note our change in address. We have moved next door to suite 206.
If you are looking to volunteer to help build computers in our Refurbishing Center, we are located in Richardson, Texas. Our office is on the North side of the business complex. Complete address:
1201 S Sherman St., Suite 206
Richardson, Texas 75081
Our center hours:
If you volunteer with us, we ask that you come at least twice a month. We spend some time teaching the build process and you will work alongside one of our seasoned volunteers to get started. We put in the time to teach you, so we want to see you often! When you arrive, look for Jennifer or Nathan to help you get started. Volunteering at our Center can also count for hours towards school or church programs!
Please fill out the form below before you come for the first time, so we have your information. However, you don't need to wait for us to respond to come! Come in when you are able, no appointment or advance notice needed.
Let us know you want to help!
We will try to respond to your request quickly, but it is easier if you just come in while we are open!